Wednesday, August 1, 2007

MDMC2007 Day 2

The hectic pace continues, but progress was made. Mo took the lead on script writing, but we all added and edited it this morning. I personally, was thankful for the time to work. It was difficult to condense and edit the information. Mo suggested that we create a Wiki to edit collaboratively on line, but as 3 out of 4 of us could not get online, (bandwidth issues) we abandonned that idea. Tammy helped by providing a projector so that we could review and discuss together while one person did the editing. We worked feverishly, but even so, discussion and editing were time consuming and we finished our script at 11:59 a.m. --1 minute ahead of the 12 noon deadline.

After lunch we met again with Al. He had only had about 5 minutes to review the script and in the end, the script was abandonned for a rough question and answer outline. We now have about 10 minutes of audio that we have to condense down to 4 minutes or less. Something tells me we will be essentially re-writing the script again as we try to create something concise and professional.

Sonja attended the breakout sessions on Windows Movie Maker and Photostory and I attended the afternoon breakout session on Copyright. I thought I had a good grasp of copyright before attending, but was dismayed to find stricter guidelines than I had thought. Personnally, it has made me paranoid to add any kind of music or sound effects other than Garage Band or I-sounds, and since we are a PC and not a Mac group, that means we won't have much of anything for sound.

Because Marcia was the only one who had both a microphone, online access, and audacity up and running, the podcast was loaded on her machine. She has already done quite a lot of work by taking the lead on the script, and I hope she is not overburdened. I think we all want to work on the editing of the podcast but the logistics of sharing the files is difficult.

My anxiety level has gone down slightly, (did I mention that I'm a nail biting worrier type?) since we made progress today. But, I have to say, it's still a lot of work for such a short time. I'm usually very careful with my projects and writing--there just isn't enough time for that. (Ok, I'm whining!)

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Today was very productive and, as Tammy says, we are at a good place. We have a lot of the 'hard' work accomplished.
We still have a lot of work to do and with the full schedule of tomorrow, anxiety is setting in a little bit.
I didn't get a chance to attend any breakout sessions today but hope to share information from those team members who did.
Thanks to everyone on our team - You rock!

Al said...

You guys seems to be doing very well. The script you wrote was good and served as a very good guideline for the recording session. It is still a good springboard for your introductory sequence of the podcast. Nothing goes to waste!